"Let’s Move ROC Kids!" Game - Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Democrat and Chronicle Media Group’s Let’s Move ROC Kids (the “Game”) is open to local residents of Monroe, Ontario, Livingston, Wayne, Orleans, Genesee and Yates counties who are four (4) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Democrat and Chronicle Media Group (“Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are able to participate in the Game, but are not eligible to win any prizes.
3. How To Enter. The Game will begin at 12:01 p.m. September 17, 2012 and end at 4:59 p.m. October 26, 2012 (the “Game Period”).
To register for the game, participants must visit http://letsmoverockids.com and complete all required information, create a password and, and follow all posted instructions, including information to confirm their identity through either their Facebook account or through a vaild email address. Maximum one (1) entry per person.
To participate in the six weekly challenges, participants must submit their entries online at http://letsmoverockids.com and follow the instructions for submitting their image, video or text files.
Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsors. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. All entries become property of Sponsors and none will be returned. Game participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsors shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion, and Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Game. Sponsors further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsors deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
4. Winner Selection. Each week for the six weeks of the game, a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsors will judge all eligible weekly game solution submissions. Judging will conclude within 24 hours after the end of each weekly activity.
Decisions of judges and Sponsors shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries selected for display and to win the weekly games and puzzles and any other Game components requiring photo, text or other content from the participants will be judged entirely at the discretion of the Sponsors.
By submitting any photo or information to Let’s Move ROC Kids, participants hereby grant to the Sponsors and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to the Sponsors includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo;
By submitting any photo or information to Let’s Move ROC Kids, participants hereby represent and warrant that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and participants have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the Sponsors herein, including but not limited to all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances;
Participants acknowledge and agree that the Sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by participants, and may, in its sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that participants submit to Let’s Move ROC Kids;
Participants understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by them to Let’s Move ROC Kids may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which they disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information they submit to Let’s Move ROC Kids. By submitting any photo or information to Let’s Move ROC Kids, participants hereby waive any privacy expectations that they may have with respect to any such photo or information submitted by them to Let’s Move ROC Kids.
Participants hereby agree to hold the Sponsors and its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any of the Sponsors’ Web sites, or any other use authorized under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to Let’s Move ROC Kids by participants;
Photos or information submitted by participants to Let’s Move ROC Kids shall be the property of the Sponsors, and the Sponsors shall have no obligation to preserve, return or otherwise make available to them or others any photos or information so submitted.
5. Individual prizes for Community Activities ($500 in prizes)
One prize will be awarded each week (during the six weeks of the game) to an individual with the highest total points. The weekly prize is a $50 Wegmans Gift Card. In the case of a tie, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. Winning one week’s prize does not disqualify an individual from winning the weekly individual prize on subsequent weeks.
Week 1 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Week 2 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Week 3 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Week 4 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Week 5 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Week 6 – (1) winner of $50 Wegmans Gift Card
Grand Prize – (2) winners of $100 Wegmans gift card
Weekly School Participation prizes ($5,000 in prizes)
One prize will be awarded each week (during the six weeks of the game) to the classroom with the highest total points. The weekly School Participation prize is a $500 gift certificate for school supplies from Democrat and Chronicle’s Media In Education program. In the case of a tie, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. Winning one week’s prize does not disqualify a classroom from winning the weekly school participation prize on subsequent weeks. The grand prize is an educational program offered by The Strong/National Museum of Play and selected from their course catalog by the winning school.
Week 1 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Week 2 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Week 3 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Week 4 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Week 5 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Week 6 – (1) $500 gift certificate for school supplies
Grand Prize – (1) winner of a The Strong/National Museum of Play education program (value $2,000)
Weekly Top Score prizes ($500 in prizes)
A $50 VISA gift card will be awarded to the team whose name is randomly drawn from the top team’s list of top scorers.
Week 1 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Week 2 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Week 3 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Week 4 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Week 5 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Week 6 – (1) $50 VISA gift card
Grand Prize – (1) $200 VISA gift card to top scorer from team that has the highest player average.
6. Winner Notification & Acceptance. Winners of all Game activities will be contacted at the email address used to register for the game, and the person receiving and replying to the winner announcement email will be considered the winner unless they specify another person within the reply email as the winner. Let’s Move ROC Kids will send the Game prize by registered U.S. Mail to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email. Claiming of prizes requires an email response to Let’s Move ROC Kids from the winning player email address within 5 days of being notified of winning at the email address used to enter. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. Let’s Move ROC Kids is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s). Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsors reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a Game and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Game, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsors. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors.
Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign any affidavit or release required by Sponsors.
7. Participation. By participating, game participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Game as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Game is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Game, Sponsors reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Game. Should the Game be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. Copyright. By entering the Game, each game participant (and their grants to Sponsors a royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the game participant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsors. Let’s Move ROC Kids is a social gaming initiative produced by the Democrat and Chronicle Media Group. The decisions of Sponsors and the game judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Game shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Game. For a list of winners (available after November 1, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://letsmoverockids.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “Let’s Move ROC Kids” game, 55 Exchange Blvd., Rochester, NY 14614. If you have any questions regarding this Game, please contact Dennis R. Floss, (585) 258-2242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.